This page shows every update released by Rivian where DC Fast Charging was featured or mentioned. The latest update is shown first.
- Addressed a rare case where Direct Current Fast Charger (DCFC) was slowed due to insufficient battery cooling.
- Reduced fan cooling noise and duration after Direct Current Fast Charger (DCFC) charge sessions in moderate ambient temperature
- We have improved DC fast charging performance and battery preconditioning when using trip planner. In ideal conditions, you may experience up to a 20% improvement in miles added per minute.
- Battery preconditioning strives to minimize DC fast charging time and achieving optimal charging performance by bringing the battery to ideal temperatures while navigating to a DC fast charger. Preconditioning will automatically start when using the Navigation app and routing to a DC fast charger. The system cools or heats based on battery temperature. The time spent preconditioning can vary based on the advertised power of the charger you’re navigating to, and the state of charge with which you may arrive at the DC fast charger.
- Improved regenerative braking performance after DC fast charging sessions
- Addressed inaccurate range displayed in rare cases, after DC fast charging
- We enabled the support of 500 A charging.
- Improved DC fast charging curve and behavior in low temperatures