Check out these new features, improvements, and bug fixes found in Rivian Update 2023.38
Reimagined Drive Modes App And Towing Experience
The new Drive Modes app brings a visual overhaul to drive modes, giving driver-focused control and dynamic feedback to improve situational awareness while driving.
Drive Modes Selector and Controls
- The Drive Modes selector is now redesigned with a focus on accessibility and usability.
- The Drive Modes selector brings various controls for drive modes together under a single tab, closer to the driver. New tabs on the left side of the screen let you choose between Drive Modes and Trailers. For Quad-Motor vehicles, the Drive Modes app groups drive modes into On-Road and Off-Road.
- The all-new Gauge view, on the right side of the screen, provides real-time data visualization of the vehicle, allowing you to discover more about how your vehicle works.
- To access Gauge view, swipe left from the main image on the selector screen. See real-time data from the vehicle, such as steering direction, direction of travel, pitch, roll, tire pressure, elevation, motor and battery temperatures, as well as trip data that includes distance, speed, duration, efficiency, and total energy used.
- The new Drive Modes app now lets you choose the optimal drive mode while towing, based on the environment, behavior, and current road conditions.
- Near the Drive Mode tabs, a new Trailers tab providers three profiles for different trailers. Each Trailer Profile tracks the trailer’s range impact, estimated weight, and trip data.
- Trailer Profiles now remember the Trailer Brake Gain for each trailer.
- Improved Range Estimation when towing. When you connect a trailer, the vehicle now continuously learns and stores the efficiency during the trip and provides feedback to the driver about the range estimate on the instrument cluster and the range on arrival estimate in navigation.
- While the vehicle is towing or parked, the Rivian mobile app 2.3.0 or later now displays an updated vehicle visual.
Camera App Now with Truck Bed View (R1T)
You can now select and view the truck bed camera feed from the Cameras app located in the app tray on the center display. From the app, you can use the camera view icon to cycle through the front, reverse, and truck bed views. When you open the app, it remembers and displays its last view. Also, you can view the truck bed while the vehicle is in Reverse.
To turn on this feature, go to Settings > Driver+ > Automatic cameras, and choose Show bed view in Reverse when tailgate is down.
Adaptive Range Estimate Improvements To Navigation
Your vehicle now continuously learns efficiency characteristics within each drive mode or trailer profile to provide better and more personalized predictions for range on arrival.
- Improved the Elevation Audio system to reduce audio quality issues coming from the overhead speakers.
- While in Car Wash mode, the door handles now present when unlocking from exterior sources such as a key card, key band, or key fob.
- Increased the accuracy of charging data and improved the resolution of the charging graph display in the Rivian mobile app.
- Fixed a rare issue in which the Rivian app reported incorrect vehicle locations for some customers.
Reduced likelihood of distorted audio coming from overhead speakers.
- Reduced active grille shutter noise from the front of the vehicle when the vehicle wakes from sleep.
- Fixed a rare issue that caused the Media app to crash when navigating to the search tab.
- Fixed a rare issue that caused the climate panel to appear blank.
- When pumpkins light their glowing eyes,
For the season of Halloween,
Look where you go to customize,
To find the secret theme.