Check out these new features, improvements, and bug fixes found in Rivian Update 2023.14
Name Your Vehicle
You can now customize your vehicle name in Settings > About on the center display or in the Rivian mobile app version 1.13 or later.
New Gear Guard App With Drive Cam
The new Gear Guard app with Drive Cam allows you to:
- Use Motion Cam, the former Gear Guard camera function, to record motion and alarm events that are saved to internal storage while you are away from your vehicle.
- Record an enter drive with the Gear Guard cameras (requires an external USB storage device). You can review your entire drive recording by plugging the USB device into a PC or Mac.
- Record a 2-minute Drive Clips when you choose Save Clip in the center display or when you honk the horn for more than one second (requires an external USB storage device).
- View 2-minute recording that are automatically saved to internal storage during incidents such as hard braking or a collision. These recordings (and Drive Clips as well) include an additional 15 seconds of pre-incident footage.
- Browse Drive Clips, Incidents, and Motion Cam events in the Gear Guard app.
- The Drive Cam feature requires an external USB storage device of at least 128 GB with a maximum supported capacity of 2 TB.
- We recommend devices that are rated for USB 3.0+, are compatible with USB 2.0, and support 20 MB/s (megabytes, not bits) of random write speed. Use an SSD device for best performance.
- We have observed some interoperability issues in our testing, and we are working to expand the list of compatible devices.
New Charge Limit Slider
You can now drag the slider on the battery image to adjust the vehicle charge limit in 1% increments between 50% and 100% (Custom). This is available on the center display and in the Rivian mobile app version 1.13 and later.
- Added a new security feature that sounds an error chime if you actively try to lock your vehicle with the cabin doors, front trunk, or Gear Tunnel still open.
- Moved information about your Rivian vehicle, such as odometer and Trip A and B computer, to Settings. Go to Settings > About.
- Added an option to extend your vehicle power outlet use from 24 hours to up to 3 days while the vehicle is parked
- Note: Outlets turn off automatically when the vehicle reaches a low battery range of approximately 30 mi (48 km).
- Driver+ Improvements
- Lowered frequency of Adaptive Cruise Control and Highway Assist disengagements by reducing front camera sensitivity to certain environmental and lighting conditions, such as driving toward the sun or in rain.
- Smoother lane centering performance on curvy roads while Highway Assist is engaged.
- Smoother Lane Keeping Assist intervention.
- Cabin Comfort Improvements
- Improved cabin heating by limited fan speed during initial warm-up phase to prevent cold air from blowing on passengers.
- Removed fan level 0 to prevent accidental turnoff of the air conditioning when reducing fan speed.
- Improved efficiency by turning off a seat’s heating or ventilation when the driver or a passenger exits the seat, and resuming heating or ventilation when someone returns to the seat.
- Mobile App Integration Improvements
- Added a Service mode status in the mobile app 1.13 or later that appears when service personnel actively work on your vehicle in the Rivian Service Center.
- Resolved an intermittent issue that prevented turning on the seat heater from the mobile app.
- Media Improvements
- For your privacy, added the ability to enable or disable fine location in TuneIn, and disabled it by default.
- Fixed an intermittent issue where music wouldn’t autoplay on Bluetooth media after certain phones were connected.
- Fixed an intermittent issue where Bluetooth media player cover art was still visible on the center display after a phone was disconnected.
- Fixed an issue where the Spotify logo would not appear after login to the application.
- When you active Car Wash mode, the charge port door (if open) now closes.
- Fixed a rare issue where the mobile app didn’t show the correct vehicle status over cellular.
- Improved phone battery life consumption when your phone is set up as a key and you are near the vehicle.
- Fixed a rare issue where the vehicle locked from far away when your phone was set up as a key.
- Fixed a rare issue where the status bar and domain bar on the center display would restart.
- Fixed a rare issue where the driver display’s warning of reduced 12 V battery health wouldn’t appear.