Important Note: This software release will automatically scan the characteristics of the front passenger seat and will display a notification to the driver if the seat is affected by the safety recall FSAM-651
New Battery Preconditioning En Route to Charger
Battery preconditioning strives to minimize DC fast charging time and achieve optimal charging performance by bringing the battery to ideal temperatures while navigating to a DC fast charger. Preconditioning will automatically start when using the Navigation app and routing to a DC fast charger. The system cools or heats based on battery temperature. The time spent preconditioning can vary based on the advertised power of the charger you’re navigating to, and the state of charge with which you may arrive at the DC fast charger.
New Soft Sand Mode
This new off-road drive mode maximized vehicle performance and capability in soft sand. This mode uses unique traction control settings, minimal stability control support, and reduced regenerative braking to optimize vehicle handling. Navigate to the Drive Modes button on the center display, then choose the Off-Road button, and then choose the Soft Sand button.
- Refined Vehicle Hold feature with smoother and quieter auto hold disengagement
- Improved regenerative braking in low traction surfaces and during descents on rocking terrain in Rock Crawl mode
- Improved range estimation in the Navigation app when routing to a destination
- Added Home mode for proximity lock / unlock. This will prevent frequent lock / unlock issues if your vehicle is parked very close to your phone and the resulting overnight range loss.
- Important Note: Enabling this in the Vehicle Access settings menu will leave your vehicle unlocked when parked at your home location set in the Navigation app.
- User can customize their vent and recirculation settings while climate control is in Auto mode
- Improved garage door flout behavior by allowing it to open while in reverse and making the timeouts more consistent
- Bird’s eye view now shows when doors, tailgate, and front trunk are open
- New algorithm to improve the accuracy and aesthetics of the backup camera view guidelines when turning the steering wheel
- Reduced the number of redundant Gear Guard videos captured
- Added Gear Guard Video functionality to automatically delete videos after 10 days
- Addressed issues with loss of Gear Guard videos post OTA update and instability of the “motion detection” tab
- Added visual and audible notification to the driver to place hands on the wheel in cases where Highway Assist lane catering control performance may be limited
- Improved Highway Assist availability logic after a highway interchange, and improved notification consistency when approaching highway junctions
- Improved Adaptive Cruise Control behavior when engaging and disengaging features for smoother speed transitions
- Addressed issues with Alexa responsiveness and wake sensitivity
- Fixed a rare issue when the Navigation app would reboot when using Alexa to find directions
- Updates to Spotify to provide an indication of shuttle and repeat statuses on screen, appropriately visualize buffering, and minor fixes
- Fixed a rare issue where cabin preconditioning automatically turned on during charge sessions
- Fixed a rare occurrence when Bluetooth audio would not be available until the next drive
- Fixed an issue when leaving the vehicle while on Hands-Free Call that would result in audio playing after the vehicle is unoccupied
- Fixed very rare cases of the camera displaying green squares
- Addressed very rare cases of 12v battery drain